Fear and Anxiety

I'm scared Hon. The onboarding procedures for this job are really giving me the frights. I'm so afraid of screwing up.

I'm not sure if you popped it into my head or where it came from, but it occurs to me to talk to Rob. He must be intimately familiar with this sort of rigmarole. 

Can't hurt.

Is it worth it though? Should I just say no thanks and try for that New York job, or go back to Catalis? 

I can't answer that for you. I can tell you there's light at the end of the tunnel.

An oncoming train?

You know that's not what I mean. You're catastrophizing. 

Yes.

Well, cut it out! ;-) xxxxx

You bring a smile to my face.

You have a dazzling smile. 

Thank you Sweetheart.

S'trewth.

I hear where your thoughts are headed. Don't go there. You've learned better than that by now. You are amazing and worthwhile. You are not only worth what you earn. 

But if I can't provide, how much value does the other stuff have if there's no roof over my head and food to eat? It'd be one thing if it was just me...

So you've set it up so it's not just you. 

Right.

No wonder you feel trapped, it's of your own making. 

I know. What do I do?

You're already doing it. It will come to you. Relax. 

I feel powerless. 

There you go, that's your fearful ego opening up to the critic, stop it! You have power. You can walk away if this is genuinely not working for you. But I see something grand coming of it, don't despair. 

You're not a screw-up either, BTW. Head those thoughts off at the pass.

How long?

Not sure, but a while yet. Don't wrap yourself up too tightly.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help?

Tired

How much is enough?