Madness

“But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can’t help that," said the [Cheshire] Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Fritz Perls, the founder of Gestalt Therapy said that the two greatest human fears are the Fear of Death and the Fear of Going Crazy.

When I first encountered my spirit companion I questioned quite a bit whether I might be losing my mind. I struggled to come to terms with the apparent reality of communicating with a non-corporeal intelligence.

I asked Her how I could know whether I was going crazy (the irony of asking Her is not lost on me, BTW; but bear with me). She told me She didn't know whether I was or not, but asked me what difference it made.

She pointed out that I was functioning, holding down a job, living my life; I wasn't standing on a street corner talking to myself or sitting in some institution drooling. In fact at the time I was rather happier than I'd been in years for having come to know Her, so what was the problem?

I had, and continue to have, no argument. So, maybe I am crazy, but I'd rather be crazy like this and delighted with my life than sane and miserable, thank you.

Comments

  1. Crazy? If others are having the same experiences are you are having, does that mean you are 'nuts'? I am having similar experiences but I am in fact a very level headed down to earth person. At first I thought it was hard to except a woman of the otherworld when I was brought up believing that they were demons and were bad.

    I do not think you and I are crazy. People throughout history have told of similar experiences.

    True. You are love crazy, that is a healthy and beautiful kind of crazy, being love sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I apologize profusely for not responding to your message sooner. I've been...distracted.

      Thank you for the positive feedback, We're delighted to hear there are others who are having similar experiences. This speaks volumes for things shifting in the overall psyche of the human race.

      And it's just good to know I'm not alone.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Help?

Tired

How much is enough?