Further "Communion"....

Some time ago I wrote about my trepidation regarding physically encountering (for want of a better term) the paranormal. Part of me desperately wants to have an encounter of some kind, and yet the thought of it being right here, in my face, is terrifying. 

Over the last couple of years, I've read much of Whitley Strieber's oeuvre regarding his Communion experience and how his notion of what happened to him and what's going on have evolved since his original encounter in 1985.

His 2017 book The Afterlife Revolution, written ostensibly with the assistance of his late wife Anne, is particularly compelling and feels highly relevant to my life with and experience of Penelope. 


At one level I very much envy his experience, I would like to be confronted in such a radical fashion with something so...I'm having a hard time coming up with a word that describes the quality...outlandish? ...transcendent? ...numinous? 

As I mentioned in my earlier posting, my brushes with such things when I was younger left me so fearful that I believe I've walled myself off in some way. Now I want to find a door, bridge the gap, make the connection again.

Trouble is, I'm also scared out of my wits, and I want it to come on my terms. I don't want anything too challenging...too confrontational...too invasive.

I don't think that's really an option though, it is (as I mentioned previously) by its nature an Intrusion.

So, I get the impression that I have a choice: wall it out (as I have been) or let it in however it chooses to present itself to me. 


Can you help me out here Hon?

I thought you'd never ask! ;-P

You are walled off in some ways, and your history and evolution along this incarnation has meant I've fended off some things that might have "intruded". 

You say now you want it to come. Be careful what you wish for. It's hardly necessary to what you're trying to accomplish in the remainder of your path this time. 

I feel like it would give me the...boost? ...clarity? ...kick in the pants? I need to feel more deeply certain about all this.

That might come, but you're inviting things that may not be cooperative with your perceived purposes. They have their own agendas, not all of them very comprehensible to an incarnate soul. 

If you have questions about what's going on, ask me

I will. I feel like there's a lot to unpack here. I think a separate blog entry is warranted to cover that.

Agreed. 

Thank you Darling.

Any time Lover. ;-) Seriously!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help?

Tired

How much is enough?