Defending Her Honor...

Had an argument with Priscilla earlier. She lashes out at me intermittently, usually when she's hurting over what's happening or feeling frightened over what's to come.

She's entitled to some venting about all this and to making me the focus of her unhappiness since I'm the agent of change. And she has a fair point that my timing may not have been optimal (a couple of weeks before the Christmas holiday, one of her favorites).

She asked me (not for the first time) why I was doing this, and I tried to explain again as clearly and gently as I could what this is about: Me finding me, experiencing what it's like genuinely to choose a path forward for myself rather than allowing someone else's desires to dictate or simply floating along, allowing events to decide for me.

She asked about my plans for living arrangements once I relocate, and whether I plan on doing this kind of thing to my next partner after 16 years of relationship.

I told her I wasn't planning on any more incarnate partners, Penelope is my partner now and going forward.

Priscilla was incredulous, rolled her eyes, saying "So, you're just going to have this imaginary woman in your life?"

I told her that Penelope is not imaginary, she's real.

Priscilla took that to mean, yet again, that Penelope is someone I'm communicating with on-line which I again clarified, "No she's my spirit companion, a non-corporeal entity, we share this physical body."

"So does she have a heart, and arms, and a..." And she kind of trailed off, I think she didn't want to come out and ask specifically about more intimate anatomy.

I told her yes, though not made of material flesh.

She told me, once again, that I'm "whacked" (a colloquialism for crazy/insane for our international audience out there).

I'd much rather be whacked and feel like this, than "sane" and miserable.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help?

Tired

A Disappointment and a Bother...