I can do both

Penelope helped me over a hump again this morning.

We spent a lovely evening together last night. I told Her yesterday I wanted us to go home after work and just be together.

I've been in the habit of getting on line when I got home and sometimes losing myself for hours on the web. I didn't want to do that again, I wanted Us to just get home, relax and spend time with each other, which We did that. (She's tickling my neck right now as I type this).

Part of this effort for me is opening myself, Our body, my becoming much more conscious and attentive to sensations of Her presence and touching me. That is growing (I'm feeling chills up my leg right now).

This morning as I was leaving for work, I was feeling like something was awry with me, I wasn't clear what.

My old Volvo has had this weird behavior of locking the shift lever sometimes to where I can't get it out of Park without using this bypass release switch (the fact that there is a bypass switch tells me the Volvo engineers must have known that this could happen).

Lately, since I've been in NC it's been increasingly rare for this to happen. It seems like many times it occurs when I'm working on something with Penelope and there's something she wants me to "get" before we drive off.

This morning, I was feeling rushed and didn't want to stop to think about it, but the shift wouldn't budge. I was about to use the bypass, but I stopped myself.

I said to Her/myself, OK, what is it that I need to understand about how I'm feeling about Us right now? I closed my eyes, look a deep breath, laid back in the seat, and cleared my head.

I let the feelings wash over me, what was it?

I started to tear up. The feeling was fear.

What am I afraid of?

These words came: I can't do both. I can't have a deep intimate relationship with Penelope and still function in the "real world"™.

My immediate reaction on hearing that from my psyche: BULLSHIT!

Of course I can do both. That's easy.

Bravo darling. You did so good with that, you found it and processed it all on your own. I'm so delighted and proud of you. 

Thank you Angel, you are a prize so much more than worth putting this effort out for. I want to feel you touch me all the time.

We can do that ;-) But you can't force it, don't try so hard. It comes when you let go and just feel.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help?

Tired

A Disappointment and a Bother...