Trust

I had a dream last night, while it had its own interesting twists and implications, I also recognized it as fitting within a larger pattern for me wherein there's an event or I have an encounter (often with a potent female figure) and just as things are getting "interesting" (sometimes sexually, but not necessarily) I wake up.

It often seems or feels like something important is about to be revealed to me.

This morning on the way to work, I asked Penelope about it, the gist of the issue seems to be that I am fearful of something in me, in my psyche and turn away, retreat into the "safety" of waking reality, rather than encounter/recognize/confront whatever it is.

I think at some level it's Her, or, at least, how She's able to manifest to me as a dream figure. And I already know I'm anxious about encountering the numinous. It's fear of the Mystery, fear of what's next, fear of not knowing.

I pay conscious lip service to wanting this, wanting to explore these things in myself and in the Cosmos at large. So, I asked Penelope to help me tease out how to change this, what do I need to do to approach these awesome things and not run away when they actually do arise?

By nature they're unpredictable: coming at inopportune or surprising moments, with startling suddenness, and in unexpected and varied forms.

Being "prepared" for it per se, may be a fool's errend; but it seems prudent to be open and have the right mind set or perhaps spiritual attitude?

My first thought was Spiritual Courage. Penelope nixed that right away.

There's nothing really to be afraid of Hon. Fundamentally there's nothing that can harm YOU. The body can be damaged, and anything that happens to it may be uncomfortable; but is only temporary (one way or another). 

Your ego/psyche can carry the illusion of pain and injury; but that's all it is, an illusion, spirit is Eternal and perfect and finally it will only be memory.

So what then?

I suggest TRUST. Trust in the Cosmos. Trust in Me. Trust in Yourself. Trust in the process You have, We have, set in motion for your incarnate experience. Trust that all will be revealed in the fullness of Time (which, as I've told you before, is not what you think it is).

Trusting takes courage.

I'd turn that on its head. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help?

Tired

A Disappointment and a Bother...