Submission and Self Worth

I'm still processing material around my sense of being submissive and seeking a strong personality to be involved with. This morning I was exploring some implications with Penelope, and she led me to a realization.

Here's the rather new wrinkle in my thinking: Being submissive doesn't mean simply prostrating myself to any old pushy bitch that happens to come along.

I deserve better than that.



Being sub also doesn't mean I don't bring important things to the table nor that I can't have high standards and expectations too. My domme would have to have her shit together at least as well as, actually more so than, I do.

She'd need to be smart and successful, well able to care for us both. Not to say I wouldn't be able to contribute to the bottom (!) line; but I think I might enjoy not having to be the primary breadwinner.

I want someone who will expect and demand the best from me, not let me slack or slide (much ;-)), has high standards, and runs a tight ship.

Not that we can't relax and have fun of course, that's important; but she'd be in charge and know when we have to work and when we have the luxury to play; one of her talents needing to be a sense of work-life balance.

For my part, I offer an array of skills and talents, both inside and outside the bedroom:

I'm a decent cook, I know how to keep a house clean (including bathrooms, and I do windows ;-)).

I do dishes (more than just loading/unloading a dishwasher) and laundry (I know about checking labels and fabrics and colors and temperatures and pre-treating and dryer cycles and taking things out early; I don't just dump everything into the same load); I hang things, I fold, and I even iron.

I can't say I'm much of a gardener, but I can mow and weed and do directed digging and planting. Beyond that I'm pretty handy: with basic plumbing and electrical skills, I can do minor carpentry and furniture assembly; I even sew a bit (buttons, seam repair).

I'm good with electronics, can manage household finances, run errands, handle pet care. I am very computer savvy.

For a guy, I think I'd make a pretty good housewife ;-)










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help?

Tired

A Disappointment and a Bother...