Winter Greetings

I've mentioned elsewhere in the blog that I don't consider myself a Christian, though I was raised (largely non-attending) Methodist. I'm deeply dubious of the claims of the unique historicity of what is proposed to underlie the Christian message.

All that theological foolishness aside, I recognize that this time of year is important; has been since time immemorial, totally aside from any modern inflection; and resonates for most folks on a lot of levels.

The time around the Winter Solstice, when days are shortest in the northern hemisphere is felt as a time of assessing the previous year, taking what lessons can be gleaned from it, releasing what is not useful, and looking toward the renewal to come with hope, love, and courage.

So, whatever tradition you find yourself in, or none; Penelope and I wish you a beautiful and hopeful Winter holiday season and best wishes for the coming year.

Indeed we do, Love. 

Warm Regards,

Us...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help?

Tired

A Disappointment and a Bother...