Ouch!

I thought some more about pain while I was out walking the dogs earlier. There's no guarantees in this physical existence that it won't hurt, physically, emotionally, or psychically.

Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
-- William Goldman, Wesley in The Princess Bride.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
-- Haruki Murakami

I see suffering as the fear, the anticipation of pain. It makes it worse.

A coward dies a thousand times before his death, but the valiant taste of death but once.
-- William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar

I haven't had much in the way of physical pain in my life, few injuries, no major illnesses.

Emotionally, I've struggled with depression and feelings of worthlessness most of my life. I can see my family history as one of some emotional abuse/neglect; but nothing at the level I see others have endured and overcome.

I've been stuck in a kind of spiritual malaise for some time, and much of what I'm going through with writing this blog is an effort to push through that.

What pain do I expect from exposing myself to the mystery? I don't know.

It's a wonderful, wonderful opera, except that it hurts.
-- Joseph Campbell


Bravo Love, you're doing wonderfully! ;-) xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help?

Tired

A Disappointment and a Bother...