We’re all mad here...

“But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.” 

-- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Fritz Perls (founder of Gestalt Therapy) wrote that the two greatest human fears are the fear of death and the fear of going crazy. I don't much fear death (though I don't want it to hurt).

Arrrgh, I'd written a lot more to this post, but somehow it got truncated when I went to publish it.

I know honey, I'm sorry.

I wrote about my personal fear that encountering the "wholly (holy) other", the paranormal, would result in my having a total breakdown. I'd end up sobbing on the ground, telling myself "this can't be happening".

But it has to intrude, invade, break through, astonish, inspire awe; or what's the point? What is it even?

I want it, and yet I'm afraid of it.

It's prudent to be respectful, darling, but fear isn't necessary. It's a wonder, it's quite literally magick.
As I said before your earlier post was so rudely truncated; be patient my sweet man, I'm coming for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help?

Tired

A Disappointment and a Bother...