Tending the Garden

I guess this is really related to the patience theme I've talked about elsewhere.

In the shower this morning (I seem to do a lot of thinking in there, don't I?), I was pondering my relationship to growing things.

Despite the fact that I was born under an earth sign (Taurus), and I feel strong affinities for nature, animals, the earth; I don't do so well with plants.

Don't get me wrong, I love gardens and meadows and forests. A flower can send me into a paroxysm of aesthetic ecstasy, and I've hugged grand old oak trees.

But when it comes to slowing myself down for them, taking the time and effort to tend to their slower, more intermittent, and less overtly demanding needs; I generally fail miserably. I've generally characterized myself as having a "black thumb".

This translates into other areas of my life as well. I don't do so well with longer range planning, with setting up conditions that may not "bear fruit" for some time to come and letting things grow, evolve, and "flower".

Time is fungible, time is not what we think it is, different species experience it in very different ways.

It would no doubt serve me to find some way to slow down and pay more attention to the quieter, gentler processes going on around me.

Bravo, love, there's much going on that you miss when you hurry so much. I promise you things are coming you can scarcely imagine, and "tending your garden" to grow strong and whole and grand is the best way to prepare for what's coming. 

It will be here soon enough, you can't hurry it, fretting won't make it come any faster, you might as well relax and enjoy the ride ;-)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help?

Tired

How much is enough?